Since 2012, my articles about a variety of topics related to court reporting have been published in the Bar Association of San Francisco’s (BASF) print newsletter, Bulletin and its Legal by the Bay blog page; San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association’s The Trial Lawyer magazine; Legal Professionals, Inc.’s The Legal Secretary magazine; and California Court Reporters Association’s CCRA Online e-zine. Several articles have been republished in other legal magazines and on National Court Reporters Association’s online journal, TheJCR.com.
In 2015, I self-published my ebook, 0-225: Your Guide to Writing Mastery.
My memoir about my journey to the USSR in 1984 to birth my baby as a gesture for world peace, Labor of Love: My Journey through the Iron Curtain to Birth the “Peace Baby,” will be published in 2022.
Below is a sample of my published works.
Legal by the Bay, Bar Association of San Francisco
- COMING JULY/AUG 2021: It’s Time for Lawyers to Commit to a “Duty of Professionalism” Toward Court Reporters
- Silent No More: Court Reporters Speak Up for the Record (August 18, 2020)
- How Third Party Contracting Robs Your Clients (April 10, 2020)
- Protect Your Clients: “Digital” Recorded Depositions Revealed (January 10, 2019)
- Mindfulness Practice: Managing Everyday Stress by Cultivating Presence of Mind (September 13, 2018)
– co-authored with Amy McGuigan, CEDS
- How Legal Nurse Consultants Benefit Your Practice (January 24, 2018)
- Navigating the Legal Workplace to Land Your Dream Job (October 31, 2017)
- Absence of Court Reporters in Family Law Courts = Access to Justice Denied (August 17, 2017)
- How to Prevent the Leading Cause of Malpractice Claims (June 22, 2017)
- Court Reporting Ethics Panel Takes on Controversial Topics (March 29, 2017)
- Guidelines for Respectful Attorney-Reporter Relationships (January 4, 2016)
- The Court Reporter’s Dilemma: Interrupt or Drop (July 28, 2015)
CCRAonline, California Court Reporters Association
- How to Interrupt Proceedings: Feel the Fear and Speak Up Anyway
- Educating the Legal Community Through Social Media
The Trial Lawyer, San Francisco Trial Lawyers Association
The Legal Secretary, Legal Professionals, Inc.
- The Power of Networking: Overcoming Fear and Making Friends
- WANTED: Court and Deposition Reporters
- Reduce Stress & Anxiety at Work by Engaging Your Heart
Here, on this website: